Thursday 23rd January 2020
ALS provide a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe.
Due to growth within the Microbiology Laboratory we are now looking to recruit a Team Leader
Basis: Fulltime and Permanent
Shift: Sunday to Wednesday
Hours Per Week: 40
The position will be responsible for:
- The Team Leader is responsible for managing a team of Microbiologists and Senior Technicians within the Food Microbiology Pathogen Laboratory at Chatteris.
- The main tasks of the Team Leader will be ensuring the smooth running of the daily activities in full compliance with our high H&S and Quality standards whilst ensuring productivity.
- The successful candidate will be expected to handle routine clients’ communications including but not exclusive of out of specification reporting. In time the successful candidate will be trained in the interpretation and approving of results.
- This role is an excellent opportunity to gain useful insight on the workings of a cutting-edge commercial food and waters testing laboratory.
- This role will be key in successful management of the department, ensuring a close relationship and strong and effective communication with the laboratory, other departments and clients. Furthermore this role will be heavily involved in validations and customer investigations.
- Our Team Leaders are members of a Management Team committed to providing an excellent service to our clients through operational management of the laboratory
- You will be passionate about investing in people to achieve your department’s objectives. You will lead by example to promote an engaged and productive working environment.
- Applicants should have previous production experience of working within a microbiology laboratory environment and although a degree in a relevant Scientific or Management subject is not necessarily required, a passion for science and people management is an absolute requisite.
- The successful candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills, being able to communicate well orally and in writing. Computer literacy is essential specifically in the use of Microsoft Office packages such as Excel.
- Building relationships with both internal and external customers at multiple locations will be a key element of the successful candidate’s roles therefore the ability to build and maintain relationships is an essential quality for the successful candidate.
- Problem solving and proactive thinking are essential skills that the successful candidate will require to lead the continuous improvement of the laboratory and the service their team provide.
- Technical knowledge of food and food pathogens is key as a member of the management team your technical input will be critical to release of the results.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and skilled person looking to develop their career in an international company. Attractive remuneration and benefits are available dependent on performance.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV to [email protected]