Wednesday 09 January 2019
ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation
Due to growth within our contaminant team we are looking for an analyst that is eager to develop their skills within pesticides and contaminates section. The successful candidate will be based in the extraction laboratory with the opportunity to use GC-MSMS and LC-MSMS.
This is a Permanent, Full Time position, Monday to Friday, 7am - 15:30
- To perform work allocated without deviation from the documented methodology and / or procedure whilst maintaining high levels of quality control.
- To inform the laboratory management team of any problems or doubts concerning the ability to perform allocated tests.
- To perform daily quality control checks and calibrations.
- To perform complex methods and/or instrumental techniques.
- To perform analysis within the timescales required and ensure that result availability is in line with method and client expectations.
- To notify laboratory management if any stocks require replenishing.
- Ensure that the laboratory areas are kept clean and tidy. To remove waste frequently and ensure it is disposed of in the correct manner.
- To ensure that all records are completed concisely and accurately with paperwork written in clear handwriting.
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by the laboratory management team.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Degree or equivalent in Chemistry or an appropriate subject, or proven experience in relevant analytical techniques
- At least 1-2 years experience in working as a laboratory technician
- Previous experience of using GC, MS/GC
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office programs
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good organisational skills, ability to work on own initiative and priorities workload
- Ability to communicate in a concise manner with colleagues and senior staff
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and skilled person looking to develop their career in an international company
Attractive remuneration and benefits can be available dependent on performance.
For further details, Please address your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org