Friday 7th February 2020
ALS provide a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe.
About the Position
Reporting directly to the General Manager Chatteris, you will be actively involved in the management of the routine operations, ensuring that we deliver a market leading client experience by delivering on quality, turnaround and service offering.
Some of the key responsibilities:
- Management of the laboratory team to ensure that all samples are analysed to a high standard by suitably trained staff within a time limit appropriate to the client expectations
- Assist the General Manager and Technical Manager in managing all technical and related activities within the laboratory, including but not limited to, client communication, method development and method validation
- Management of all laboratory staff including weekend rotas, holiday, sickness & absence, recruitment and inductions to ensure the laboratory is adequately skilled and resourced
- To ensure that all Quality Management protocols are adhered to including IQC, IRM, quality assurance regimes and EQA are performed as per the appropriate schedules
- Identify the requirement for and provide technical training in laboratory procedures to staff members. Maintain the training records for all laboratory staff members and ensure they are kept up to date
- Operation and maintenance procedures to ensure that the laboratory environment is maintained in a suitable condition for the test work performed, including appropriate housekeeping procedures
- Ensure that all staff work in accordance with Health & Safety policies and procedures in their day to day activities including the use of appropriate PPE equipment. Ensure that the appropriate H&S , COSHH and risk assessment documentation are accessible for review when required
- Participate in client, accreditation and internal audits when required and working with the site quality team, ensure the execution of corrective actions and compliance with client, accreditations and procedural requirements
- Manage the completion of KPI data sheets and monitor performance within the laboratory. Aim to improve efficiency and productivity in the laboratory where opportunities arise.
- Generate and maintain good working relationships with laboratory managers across ALS Food and Pharmaceutical UK. Share best practice and utilise cross site expertise
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Educated to degree level in a biological /chemistry subject and / or have significant experience of supervising / managing a high throughput laboratory
- Technically competent in food analysis across a range of methodology procedures
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office programs with advanced knowledge of the operation of LIMS and Webtrieve
- Good organisational skills, ability to work on own initiative and priorities workload
- Ability to inspire and motivate a team
- A flexible approach and the desire to achieve continuous improvement
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and skilled person looking to develop their career in an international company
Attractive remuneration and benefits can be available dependent on performance.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please send a covering letter and CV to [email protected]