Tuesday 28th June 2022
ALS is the global benchmark for service and integrity. We are a global business, having sites in over 65 different countries.
Our core values drive our decision making on a daily basis:
“People Development” talk to some of the staff at our Chatteris site, they will give you an account of their career journey, from starting on the bench to becoming a Team Leader, or Section Head of a Laboratory.
“Doing it better”, we don’t stand still, we use a diverse range of analytical techniques and equipment and are constantly striving for continuous development.
About the positions
Basis : Permanent - Full Time
Areas : Microbiology / Chemistry / Allergens and Contaminants
Shift Pattern: Various shift patterns available, some working days will fall on one day of a weekend
Salary : £19,459 - £22,000
- Benefits inclusive of company pension
- Exciting discounts with major high street retailers
- Pay progression scheme
- Celebrating success schemes including employee of the month
- Refer a friend scheme
- Free parking
- Preparing samples for analysis including weighing, diluting, and homogenising
- Completing serial dilutions onto selective agars
- Incubating the samples at specific temperatures
- Calibration checking the laboratory equipment
- Ensuring assigned work is carried out in a timely fashion following the relevant procedures.
- Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene within the lab
- The successful candidate will be involved with preparation of samples, extraction and analysis using a variety of instrumentation, wet chemistry and gravimetric techniques.
- Attention to detail, analytical thinking and good communication are vital skills to ensure accuracy when performing analysis of samples.
- No previous experience required
- Experience working within hospitality, fast food, production line, food production environment
- Good general IT skills
As a non sponsor license holder ALS is unable to offer sponsorship to applicants. All applicants must provide evidence of their right to work in the UK.
If you are interested in applying, please send a cover letter and your CV to [email protected]