Monday 19th July 2021
ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
About the Position
Basis: 1-year student placement
The Nutritional Chemistry laboratory is looking for a Technician to join the lab’s weighing and extraction teams.
The successful candidate will be involved with preparation of samples, extraction and analysis using a variety of instrumentation, wet chemistry and gravimetric techniques. There is scope to develop within the team for the right candidate.
Attention to detail, analytical thinking and good communication are vital skills to ensure accuracy when performing analysis of samples.
- To perform work allocated without deviation from the documented methodology and / or procedure whilst maintaining high levels of quality control.
- To inform the laboratory management team of any problems or doubts concerning the ability to perform allocated tests.
- To perform daily quality control checks and calibrations.
- To conform with all site Quality Management systems and Health and Safety procedures and protocols.
- To perform analysis within the timescales required and ensure that result availability is in line with method and client expectations.
- To notify laboratory management if any stocks require replenishing.
- Ensure that the laboratory areas are kept clean and tidy. To remove waste frequently and ensure it is disposed of in the correct manner.
- To ensure that all records are completed concisely and accurately with paperwork written in clear handwriting.
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by the laboratory management team.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send a cover letter and CV to [email protected]