Friday 20th August 2021
Microbiology Laboratory Technician
About the Position
The Laboratory Technician will work on a permanent basis within the Pharmaceutical Microbiology Laboratory at ALS Ely. Working as part of a team the Laboratory Technician will assist in the microbiological testing of samples help with the daily quality function, and aid the efficient operation of the laboratory in order to meet customer and internal requirements.
The position will involve:
- Preparing samples for analysis including weighing and performing serial dilutions.
- Analysing samples for a wide range of routine microbiological indicator organisms and pathogens.
- Sub culturing broths.
- Reading plates and calculating results.
- Data and result entry into the LIMS system.
- Ensuring assigned work is carried out in a timely fashion following the relevant procedures.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Be a graduate (or equivalent).
- The ability to work alone and as part of a team in a busy laboratory.
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to work on own initiative.
- Good communication skills, written and oral.
- Be able to accurately follow written procedures.
- Previous laboratory experience would be an advantage but full training will be provided.
Shift : 4 days on 4 days off
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and skilled person looking to develop their career in an international company.
If you are interested in this role please send a covering letter and CV to [email protected]