Friday 29th November 2019
ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
We are looking for a Quality Control Microbiologist to join our Micro Laboratory.
About the Position
Days: Tuesday to Saturday or Sunday to Thursday
Hours: 14:00 – 23:00
Basis: Full time permanent
The Chatteris laboratory carries out microbiological testing for a wide range of food and water clients. We currently have a vacancy for a Quality Control Microbiologist to join the team.
The Quality Control Microbiologist reports to the Section Heads and is responsible
- For ensuring that all required batches of media undergo QC analysis within the required timeframe
- Completion of paperwork, entering results into the laboratory information system for trend analysis and informing the laboratory management team of any media QC failures or concerns.
- Duties also include daily quality control checks and calibrations.
This is an opportunity for the successful candidate to develop their expertise in this area and to make a significant contribution to the quality aspects of the testing carried out by the laboratory.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of microbiology analysis across a range of microbiological procedures is required together with a good understanding of quality systems.
- Applicants must be able to work flexibly to tight time frames and to work well in a team.
- A methodical approach and a good aptitude for detail is required together with the ability to work without deviation from documented methodology and procedures.
- Good organizational skills are essential and the role involves extensive use of Microsoft Office programs and the Laboratory Information System (ALimS).
Great opportunity to join an international organisation where career progression forms part of its culture.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV to [email protected]