Wednesday 20th November 2019
About the Position
An exciting opportunity has become available within the management team at the ALS Trowbridge microbiology laboratory.
We are looking for someone to join our growing Microbiology Department, are you a supervisor / team leader looking for that step up, if so this Section Head role could be for you.
Shift: 9am – 9pm working 4 days on shift, 4 days off
Basis: Permanent, Full Time
The position will involve the following:
- Efficiently organise and manage the team to ensure that all samples are analysed to a high standard by suitably trained staff within a time limit appropriate to the client expectations.
- To continually review resources including staff, equipment and consumables and to inform the Laboratory Manager if they are inadequate to meet the analysis demands.
- Ensure that agreed quality and safety checks are continually adhered to by the team and that all paperwork is completed in full.
- Ensure the client requirements are fully understood before analysis is started and that all samples are checked to ensure that they are suitable for testing prior to work starting.
- Communicate to the client where necessary and appropriate any delays in turnaround or queries regarding individual samples. Manage day to day incoming client communication queries regarding the analysis of their samples.
- Ensure that all staff are properly trained to perform the tasks allocated to them and to keep the Laboratory Manager informed of the progress and performance of all staff.
- Ensure that all results obtained by the team are calculated, checked and entered into ALimS without delay. Provide support in checking any query results.
- Be responsible for staff motivation and discipline and assist with recruitment and performance reviews.
To be successful in this role you will need to be:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a biological or chemistry subject and / or have several years of relevant experience working in a high throughput food microbiology laboratory.
- Technically competent in food and water analysis across a range of methodologies, techniques and procedures.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office programs with LIMS and Webtrieve knowledge
- Previous supervisory experience in a laboratory environment.
- Good organisational skills, ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workload
- Ability to communicate instructions effectively
- Ability to motivate and inspire a team
Competitive Salary + Benefits, and the opportunity to join a business where progression forms part of our culture.
To apply for this position please send a covering letter and you CV to [email protected]