Monday 5th July 2021
ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
Basis : Full Time / Permanent
Shift : Monday to Friday (40 HPW)
About the Position
Reporting to the Laboratory Managers Trowbridge you will be responsible for the supervision and operation of the water laboratory which covers a range of microbiological testing for drinking water including regulatory samples, ground, surface recreational and process waters.
The position will involve some of the following:
- Efficiently organise and manage the team to ensure that all samples are analysed to a high standard by suitably trained staff within a time limit appropriate to the client expectations.
- To continually review resources including staff, equipment and consumables and to inform the Laboratory Manager if they are inadequate to meet the analysis demands.
- Ensure that agreed quality and safety checks are continually adhered to by the team and that all paperwork is completed in full.
- Ensure the client requirements are fully understood before analysis is started and that all samples are checked to ensure that they are suitable for testing prior to work starting.
- Communicate to the client where necessary and appropriate any delays in turnaround or queries regarding individual samples. Manage day to day incoming client communication queries regarding the analysis of their samples.
- Ensure that all staff are properly trained to perform the tasks allocated to them and to keep the Laboratory Manager informed of the progress and performance of all staff.
- Monitor the quality of work and results obtained to ensure that all work undertaken within the team complies with all the HSE, Quality, Regulatory and accreditation standards and requirements including compliance to internal ALS policies and procedures
- Be responsible for staff motivation and discipline and assist with recruitment and performance reviews.
The successful applicant is expected to demonstrate the following qualifications and experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a biological subject with several years of relevant experience working in a water testing laboratory, preferably working to DWTS requirements.
- Technically competent in water microbiology analysis including Legionella.
- Working towards or having chartered status and able to demonstrate appropriate relevant experience through a CPD record.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office programs with LIMS and Webtrieve knowledge
- Previous supervisory experience in a laboratory environment.
It is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and skilled person looking to develop their career in an international company.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send a cover letter and CV to [email protected]