Friday 7th February 2020
ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
The Mirfield laboratory is looking for a Senior Technician that would be based within the microbiology laboratory and carry out microbiological testing for a wide range of food and water clients.
About the Role
Basis: Maternity Cover - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Shift: Monday to Friday - Alternating early & Late Shifts + 1 weekend in 3
Number of working hours per week: 40
- A successful candidate will report to the Laboratory Manager and will be responsible for carrying out general microbiology work including plate counting, identification and confirmation testing and operation of the ELISA machines.
- Duties also include entering and approving results and providing practical and theoretical training in microbiology work.
- This role will ideally suit individuals who have experience in fast turnaround of work, with a focus on Good Laboratory Practice and Good Laboratory Management.
- Attention to detail is a vital skill to ensure accuracy when performing the analysis of samples.
- Candidates should be educated to a degree level, or equivalent in Microbiology or a related science subject or have 2-3 years’ experience within a microbiology laboratory.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of microbiology analysis across a range of microbiological procedures is required together with a good understanding of quality systems.
- Due to the high throughput of samples applicants must be able to work flexibly to tight time frames and to work well in a team.
- A methodical approach and a good aptitude for detail is required.
- Adhering to documented procedures for all aspects of laboratory work ensuring full traceability
- Provide a high level of internal and external customer care.
- Familiarity with computers is essential including the use of Microsoft office packages. Experience with using ALimS would be an advantage although full training can be provided.
Competitive Salary + Benefits - the opportunity to work for a Global Organisation.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a covering letter and CV to [email protected]