Monday 23rd December 2019
ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
Our ALS Environmental site located in Coventry are looking to recruit a Senior SQL Server DBA
Location: ALS Limited, Coventry, UK
Reports to: Applications Development and Management Director, Life Sciences Division – Europe
The SQL Server DBA will be part of an ALS Global IT team. In this collaborative environment, the focus will be on stabilising existing UK systems by closely working with LIMS Support and Development Teams. The successful individual will bring wealth of experience working as DBA, be self-driven to learn complex systems and Business Strategies, have inquisitive mind to carry out investigations and overcome obstacles and be an effective communicator to recommend and implement best working practices.
- Independently carry out continuous analysis and resolution of database performance issues, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Develop and optimise stored procedures and functions using T-SQL
- Deploy changes in test and live environments, carry out checks to validate changes and monitor impact on production teams
- Ensure data integrity is not compromised within systems
- Consistently looking for opportunities to automate manual processes, track issues, and document changes
- Providing input into database strategy, ensuring that implemented systems are in line with overall company strategy.
- Apply data modelling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 5+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience would be desirable
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus.
Great opportunity to join a multinational organisation where progression forms part of its culture. Competitive Salary, plus great benefits.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter and CV to [email protected]