Friday 29th November 2019
ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
Due to the ALS Sittingbourne site taking on new business, we are looking to expand our management team, hence we are looking to recruit a team leader for our microbiology laboratory.
About the Position
Reporting to the Section Heads in Food laboratory you will assist in managing the day to day supervision and organisation of staff and testing in the food laboratory which covers a range of microbiological testing for food and environmental samples to UKAS 17025 and RSA requirements.
Basis: Full Time / Permanent
Shift: Tuesday – Saturday - 12:00 – 21:00
Team Leader position to be responsible for:
- Actively organising and managing the workload within the team to achieve the targets and goals of the business.
- Monitoring systems to ensure that all tests are completed in a timely manner and within customer defined requirements.
- Organising routine QM tasks and monitoring that these tasks are performed as appropriate.
- Supporting the laboratory management team where needed for results approval.
- Monitoring timekeeping, absence and behaviour, highlighting any concerns to the laboratory management team.
- Monitoring training levels and records within the team to ensure sufficient resource and flexibility, providing training for staff as appropriate.
- Ensuring all work undertaken within the team complies with all relevant HSE, Quality, Regulatory and Accreditation standards and requirements including compliance to internal ALS policies and procedures.
- Client contact via email and phone
- Assisting with the completion of complaint and anomaly investigations.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Qualifications in scientific fields, ideally to degree level.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of a commercial testing microbiology laboratory and associated QC procedures.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office programmes and LIMS
- Good written and verbal communication skills plus good organisational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail with the ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workload
- Have a commitment to continual learning and development of self and team.
- Be a self-motivated individual
- Be willing to provide cover when needed by means of overtime
It is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and skilled person looking to develop their career in an international company.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to [email protected]