ALS has an established reputation as the leading UK laboratory for Vitamins, Minerals and Additives testing. Serving our clients for over 30 years we recognise the need for fast, accurate and reliable analysis. In a world where healthy habits are in the forefront of everyday life, having an experienced and knowledgeable laboratory team at your service will definitely help you with the ever changing lifestyles.
The methodologies that we use were developed in-house by our technical team. Our Technical expertise is shared to our clients through our technical support that we offer from guidance on regulations to your production strategies and branding enhancements.
- UKAS accredited testing
- Rapid Identification and out of trend/out of specification support
Testing is performed using the latest technologies based on the latest British Standard and AOAC Methods:
Vitamins we routinely test include:
- Vitamin A's: Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid)
- Retinol Vitamin D’s:
- Beta carotene (Pro Vitamin A) D2 (Ergocalciferol)
- B Vitamins: D3 (Cholecalciferol)
- B1 (Thiamine) Vitamin E (Tocopherol's)
- B2 (Riboflavin) Vitamin K’s
- B3 (Niacin) K1 (Phyllquinonine)
- B4 (Choline) K2 (Menaquinone)
- B5 (Pantothenic Acid) K3 (Menadione)
- B6 (Pyridoxine)
- B7 (Biotin)
- B8 (Inositol)
- B9 (Folic Acid)
- B12 (Cyanocobalamin)
Trace elements and minerals that we offer:
Europe is covered by a network of ALS laboratories. Our Centre of Excellence Laboratory located in Prague offers testing whereby samples can be received at our Chatteris laboratory and tested in Prague at no additional transportation cost to you.
Extended testing offered by our Centre of Excellence Laboratory:
Included alongside elements of nutritional chemistry testing - for example the tests offered to obtain Group 1 and Group 2 nutrition results - we also provide a number of vitamins, additives, contaminants and allergens tests.
Additives testing that ALS offer:
- Amino acids (essential and food intolerance levels)
- Antioxidants (BHA, BHT, ascorbic acid)
- Caffeine, quinine and theobromine
- Preservatives (benzoic and sorbic acids, sulphur dioxide)
- Combined Sweetener Screen
- Synthetic sweeteners (aspartame, saccharin, acesulfame K, stevia)