ALS has a long tried and trusted reputation for excellence in the field of microbiology testing of food and feed products. We offer a wide range of UKAS and RSA Accredited methods both traditional and rapid, across a wide range of food groups and products.
Ensuring food is safe from microbiological contamination and following legislative requirement at all stages of the food chain is a priority for ALS and our clients. Through our network of accredited laboratories, highly experienced microbiology staff and extensive range of microbiological tests, ALS provides customers with cost-effective quality assurance from ‘farm to fork’.
Why not give ALS a call and see what we can do for you?
Microbiological tests include:
- Salmonella spp
- Listeria spp
- E.coli 0157
- Campylobacter spp
- Vibrio spp
- Aerobic Colony Count (Total Viable Count (TVC))
- Pseudomonas spp.
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Cl. perfringens.
- Pseudomonas spp.
- Yeast and Moulds.
In addition to routine microbiological analysis of food and feed samples, we also offer the following services:
- Shelf-life Evaluation with standard storage conditions (refrigerated or ambient) or bespoke trials to mimic consumer use with package opening and storage temperature changes as required.
- Environmental Monitoring – using swab samples, contact plates or settle plates.
- Hand Swabs – monitoring for Staphylococcus aureus and E.coli
- Water Testing – Potable and Environmental
- Colony Identification using cutting edge Malditof technology
- Salmonella speciation using Check and Trace
Sample Types include:
- Ready to eat foods
- Raw meat and fish
- Vegetables and salads
- Animal Feed
- Environmental Swabs
- Bottled Water and Soft Drinks
- Shelf Life Analysis
Specialist Microbiology Services
Microbiology is an intricate and complicated science. All too often, contract testing laboratories perform routine testing well but when a crisis arises or more in-depth work is required, they are unable to fully support their customers who are then left to seek out alternative service providers.
The Specialist Microbiology Team, based at our Rotherham site in South Yorkshire, is a dedicated team of technical experts able to provide ALS clients with a wide range of bespoke testing, trials, projects and requests as part of a genuine ‘One-stop shop’ solution.
Click here for: Specialist Microbiology Services
ALS has seen a rise in demand for affordable training in a diverse range of subjects. ALS provide Webinar Sessions and Courses focused on the topical issues affecting everyone working in today’s fast-moving food & beverage industry.
Click here for: Webinars