ALS has an established reputation as the UK’s leading provider of analytical testing services for vitamins, additives and minerals. Offering a comprehensive range of UKAS accredited tests, clients receive fast and accurate analysis of their samples through the use of HPLC, GC-MS, LCMS-MS, UHPLC, ICP-OES and Biacore (SPR) technology.
What can and can’t be added to our food is defined by the Miscellaneous Food Regulations 1995 and the Sweeteners in Food Regulations 1995. Along with imported goods, food is checked for a number of additives. We provide a range of tests to satisfy regulatory requirements.
Vitamins are analysed at all levels from premixes and supplements through to fortified and natural finished products.
Vitamins we routinely test include:
- Vitamin A (Retinol)
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin)
- Vitamin B4 (Choline)
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)
- Vitamin B9 (Folic Acid)
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin)
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid)
- Vitamin D2 (Ergocalciferol)
- Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol)
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol acetate)
- Vitamin H (Biotin)
- Vitamin K1 (Phyllquinonine)
- Vitamin K3 (Menadione)
- Beta carotene (Pro Vitamin A)
Trace elements and minerals that we routinely test include:
Included alongside elements of nutritional chemistry testing - for example the tests offered to obtain Group 1 and Group 2 nutrition results - we also provide a number of vitamins, additives, contaminants and allergens tests.
Additives tested for include:
- Amino acids (essential and food intolerance levels)
- Antioxidants (BHA, BHT, ascorbic acid)
- Caffeine, quinine and theobromine
- Preservatives (benzoic and sorbic acids, sulphur dioxide)
- Synthetic sweeteners (aspartame, saccharin, acesulfame K, stevia)