ALS has been performing pesticide residue analysis for over 30 years and recognises the need for fast, accurate and reliable analysis. In a world where food demand is ever increasing, the use and control of agrochemicals are closely monitored. Keeping on top of ever changing maximum residue levels (MRL's) is no easy task but having an experienced and knowledgeable laboratory team at your service definitely helps.
Our team have knowledge and experience of not only the analysis of individual or groups of pesticides but also targeted pesticide testing specific to certain foods or crops. We offer technical support to assist in devising tailor-made pesticide residue schedules or protocols by utilising our technical expertise and knowledge of historic residue patterns or pesticide usage.
» 5 working day turnaround as standard for our multi residue screens.
» Priority services available - offering same day and next day testing options.
Pesticides residue analysis is available on the following foods:
- Fruit & vegetables
- Milk and dairy products
- Baby & Infant formula
- Fruit Juices
- Herbs, Spices, Tea and Coffee
- Finished products
- Feeding stuffs
- Irrigation waters/post wash waters
- State of the art analysis using GC-MS/MS and LC-MS/MS chromatography techniques and covering a diverse range of more than 520 pesticides compounds
- UKAS accredited
- Providing your due diligence screening requirements
- Targeted analysis, tailored to your needs using spray records or commodity, carried out by our team of experts
- Reactive analysis, responding quickly to EU alerts and national warnings
Our testing allows you to comply with the following regulations:
- Maximum residue levels (MRLs) of pesticides in or on food or feed of plant and animal origin (EC396/2005) and subsequent updates
- Infant Food Regulations (EC2006/15/125 and EC2006/141)
Individual residue testing:
- Acid herbicides including 2,4-D
- BAC/DDAC (quaternary ammonium salts)
- Chlormequat & mepiquat
- Diquat & paraquat
- Fosetyl aluminium
- Glufosinate ammonium
- Inorganic bromide
- Maleic hydrazide
- Nematicides including chlorpropharm (CIPC)
- Propylene thiourea (PTU) & Ethylene thiourea (ETU)
- Emamectin benzoate
- Malachite Green
- Oxolinic acid
Support and Guidance
We aim to develop strong working relationship with all our clients and are able to offer technical support and assist in devising tailor-made pesticide residue schedules and protocols utilising our technical expertise, knowledge of historic residue patterns, PRC programmes and pesticide usage.
Quality & Integrity
Our UKAS accredited laboratory in Chatteris offers one of the widest ranges of pesticide screens in the UK. We routinely participate in FAPAS proficiency. In addition, we maintain a well developed and extensive internal quality control system which helps control critical processes and ensures the consistency and accuracy of results.
Residue Emergency Response Service
We know that sometimes you will need a result as quickly as possible prior to release of product. Our emergency response service has the capacity to report results and offer technical support the same day or within 24hrs when required.